Saturday, February 25, 2017

Dead World Zombie - #71, 8.25 out of 12

Dead world is a zombie comic where the zombies, led by King Zombie, have largely taken over the world. They make sodas marketed and sold by Caprice Brands LLC.  They have 12 flavors centered around characters in the comics. Two of these flavors are root beer and vanilla root beer.  I reviewed the vanilla root beer a while back and rated it 6 out of 12.

The “regular” root beer is named Twilight Shuffler.  There is a musclebound, heavily Tattooed, a half-human and half-zombie on the bottle.  Supposedly, she can move from one dead body to another. See odd to me.


Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Pure Cane Sugar, caramel color, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid and Natural Flavor.



Nutrition 12 oz. serving (from the bottle)

144 Calories
27 mg Sodium.
38 g (11%) of Daily Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 2.25 out of 3 mugs

The aroma is heavy caramel.  The first drink was a strong vanilla caramel mix.  The first sip was a little sweet for me, even though the sugar level is on the lower end of the 70 brews reviewed at 3.2 g per ounce.  The lowest reviewed was 2.2 per ounce and the highest 6.6 g per ounce.  The carbonation is medium.  Overall it is very smooth and creamy.  The more I consumed, the liking increased.  There is an aftertaste I can’t place, could be slight wintergreen?

Head – 1.5 out of 3 mugs

The head is very frothy (small) bubbles and dissipates at an average pace.  Takes about 30 seconds to fully dissipate.

Zip – 2..25 out of 3 mugs  

This is a very good variety of flavors that is very creamy.  The zip is a little more than I prefer. There is a definite vanilla, caramel and wintergreen mix.  These favors take over the beverage and I do not get the impression I am enjoying a root beer.

Post Consumption Impression – 2..25 out of 3 mugs  

This is a beverage I would really enjoy, over ice.  The ice would reduce the higher sweetness and zip in the beverage.
 
Would I recommend this at 8.25 out of 12 mugs?

If you want that deep strong root beer flavor in a beverage, this may not be the choice for you.  If you want a solid beverage over ice, I highly recommend giving it a try.  However, directly from the bottle is a little more favor and sweetness than I prefer.

OTHER RATINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment