Monday, February 20, 2017

Tyler the Kid Sarsaparilla - #68 rates 6.75 out of 12

Rocket Fizz is predominately known for the diverse candy line (some say over 4,000 varieties), but unique sodas are also a niche.  Web search found they have made over 500 varieties of soda over their history.  Not all directly under the Rocket Fizz parent company. 

Rocket Fizz is the maker of this and a variety of other sodas.  I have Rocket Fizz Root Beer Float and Judge Wepner’s Root Beer in my “to be reviewed” stock.  I reviewed Gene Autry Root Beer.  As I prepared for the review, I see everything about Tyler the Kid is the same as Gene Autry.  I wonder if they bottle the same brew in a variety of labels to attract a variety of connoisseurs?  I will do the review and then look back at the differences I noted, if any.


Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Natural Flavor, Real Vanilla and Citric Acid.  (What is Natural Flavor?)



Nutrition 12 oz. serving (from the bottle)

 180 Calories
 25 mg Sodium.
 45 g Sugar (15%)
 0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 1.75 out of 3 mugs

The aroma was wintergreen and anise, most notably.  I was disappointed that this was labeled as a Sarsaparilla, yet I have no sense of any root at all.  It was mostly carbonation and flavors that do not taste natural.
.
Head –1.75 out of 3 mugs  

A very thick head that slowly dissipated.  After about a minute, a small foam ring remains.

Zip – 1.5 out of 3 mugs  

This is not anything outstanding.  It has a mix of flavors that have some meter, yet nothing unique.  The carbonation is on the higher end of the spectrum.  Almost takes away from the flavor.

Post Consumption Impression – 1.75 out of 3 mugs  

I did not find anything I strongly disliked to like about this brew.  This is a nice beverage, that is not a real strong root beer flavor.
 
Would I recommend this at 6.25 out of 12 mugs?

This is a middle of the road brew at 6.75 out of 12.  Nothing spectacular yet I would purchase is again over several others I had reviewed.  One thing is that this has been on my shelf for over a year and wonder if that impacts flavor?

OTHER RATINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment