Sunday, February 19, 2017

Yacht Club - #67 rates 8.25 out of 12

Yacht Club is one of Rhode Island's beverage companies (and may well be one of its only companies, period), and they brew a wide variety of sodas, from birch beer to grape to peach seltzer.

Yacht Club originated in 1915 and was brought over from England to Providence, Rhode Island by the Sharp family. It was a true blue collar business.  The company still uses its own water supply, supposedly artesian.  The website states “Its natural temperature is 45 degrees, which allows carbonation without the use of cooling towers that can be bad for the environment.”


Ingredients: Carbonated Natural Artesian Water, Pure Cane Sugar, natural and artificial root beer flavors, caramel color and citric acid



Nutrition 12 oz. serving (from the bottle)

110 Calories
45 mg Sodium.
28 g (9%) of Daily Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 2.25 out of 3 mugs

The aroma was a slight wood with anise.  That is what I had from the first drink as well.  There is a strong, but not overpowering carbonation.  There is a mild vanilla and caramel flavor.  The soda is dry with a slight creamy aftertaste. 
.
Head –1.5 out of 3 mugs  

The head is fill, yet dissipated quickly. 

Zip – 2.5 out of 3 mugs  

The flavors are plentiful and hard to pick out individually.  The carbonation is not a bite like carbonation but very smooth.  I really like the overall flavor combination.  It is dry yet I longed for another sip, even after I finished the beverage. 

Post Consumption Impression – 2.0 out of 3 mugs  

I really enjoyed the beverage.  It is a great mix of flavors with a well-balanced carbonation.  This is a very light root beer, in both colors and calories.  Almost 1/3rd less than most other 12 ox bottles I have reviewed.
 
Would I recommend this at 8.25 out of 12 mugs?

While this IA not the bet I enjoyed, it is certainly in the top 1/3rd and would not hesitate to drink it again.  What I find infesting is I have been home brewing root beer and my last batch was not far from this beverage.  In that I added licorice as well as a hint of wintergreen and some seeped roots.

OTHER RATINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment