Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sky Valley Organic Root Beer (#53, rated 3.25 out of 12)

So they use organic ingredients.  They also use Apple Cider Vinegar.  They also have 170 mg of sodium.  Even as an organic, really that much sodium.  That’s what they do to fat free foods to make them taste good!




Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Caramel Color, Organic Vanilla Extract, Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Citric Acid.

Nutrition 12 oz. serving (from the bottle)

110 Calories
170 mg Sodium.
26 g (9%) of Daily Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 1.0 out of 3 mugs

The aroma from the start was suspect as there was no root beer aroma.  I could tell there was vanilla and slight licorice.  There was something strange as well. 

At first drink I knew this was going to be a difficult review to write, as I really try to find something that makes the root beer enjoyable.  This was more like tonic water with a combination of fruit and vinegar at the same time.  This brew has a sodium content twice of that I have ever seen at 170 mg.  The must need to salt to lessen the vinegar taste?

Head –1.0 out of 3 mugs  

The head was fine bubbles that did not have the sense as the real froth I typically see on a root beer.  Rather disappointing.

Zip – 0.5 out of 3 mugs  

Almost want to give it a higher score, but the only zip I get is from the vinegar and sodium.  Nothing unique and it is hard to say this is a root beer.  In fact, when I have a mineral water with stevia drops, I found it more overall zip and enjoyable.

Post Consumption Impression – 0.75 out of 3 mugs  

I really found the more I sipped, the less I liked it.  Although, it has a hint of vanilla, which I like, that is all.  Nothing else resembled a root beer.
 
Would I recommend this at 3.25 out of 12 mugs?

This is one I would shy from, if you are looking for a root beer.

OTHER RATINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment