Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Wild Spur Sarsaparilla (#39 - Rated 10.4 out of 12)

This is a first.  A beverage with no history or background on the web.  The bottle just mentions the distribution company out of Chicago.  In fact, I am not even sure where I bought it?  Could be from my girlfriends daughter as she purchased a sample pack from Christmas.  

In my search I only found nutritional information from “My Fitness Pal”.   It has higher sodium content and it also had 5 percent daily Iron.  That is a first.  With so little background, right to the review!  (Click here for information on the rating criteria and a table of all the root beer tested or to be tested.)

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Natural and Artificial flavors.



Nutrition 12 oz serving (from the bottle)

180 Calories
45 mg Sodium.
42g (19%) of Daily Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine
5% Iron

Aroma and Flavor – 2.75 out of 3 mugs

The aroma is root beer in its best.   The first sip did not disappoint.  A rich sarsaparilla flavor with noted caramel.  If you prefer little or no caramel, this is not for you.  The only thing that could make it better, for me, is a hint of vanilla.  There are absolutely no wintergreen or molasses flavors, which I do not mind, but this is better without those added flavors.

Head – 2.5 out of 3 mugs  

The head was fast but slow to dissipate.  They are really fine bubbles.  After 30 seconds a small amount of head remains.  .

Zip – 2.4 out of 3 mugs  

The beverage has a solid balance.  The carbonization is lower middle although I think the sodium provide a higher sense of zip.

Post Consumption Impression – 2.75 out of 3 mugs  

While I am sure there are many who will not enjoy this beverage, it is to my liking.  I like intense root beer with caramel and vanilla.  As previously stated, the vanilla is not noted, but still a great beverage!
 
Would I recommend this at 10.4 out of 12 mugs?


I suggest you give it a try.  It is smooth and refreshing.  One of a kind!  Only issue is, where can I purchase this beverage?  Please tell me if you find it!

1 comment:

  1. They have this at the big yellow building with apples and candy just south of Jordan.

    ReplyDelete