Sunday, June 5, 2016

Penny Frosted - cute marketing (#37 - Rated 8.0 out of 12)

Penny Cola Company originated in 2013 in California.  The website has a short history statement.  It is “Penny Cola was created in 2013 by some of us who were tired of drinking corn.  Enough Said.”  Short and tow the point, I guess.  Unlike others, they have a funky you tube video.



Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and natural flavors.

Nutrition 12 oz serving (from the bottle)

150 Calories
45 mg Sodium.
45g (19%) of Daily Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 2.25 out of 3 mugs

Upon reading the label, I saw a relatively high sodium count.  I was expecting a sharp taste that comes from sodium.  The first aroma sensation I had was a little medicinal.  So I had less than high hopes.  Then I took my first sip.  It was nothing like I expected.  It has a nice array of flavors blended to confuse me as to what I was really drinking.  There was a clear sassafras and sodium aftertaste, almost a little much.

Head – 1.0 out of 3 mugs  

The head rated at 1.00 is almost excessive.  It had large foam yet it took less then 10 seconds to totally disappear from sight.

Zip – 2.25 out of 3 mugs  

There is a tantalizing mix of flavors.  Unfortunately it is clear that the sodium content is higher than many I have tasted.  There are hints of wintergreen and vanilla with a strong sassafras aftertaste.

Post Consumption Impression – 2.25 out of 3 mugs  

This was well rounded.  Not the best but I assume it will finish in the top 25 once I finish he 100 root beers in the pile.   
 
Would I recommend this at 8.0 out of 12 mugs?

It is worth a try as there is nothing outstanding yet nothing terrible.



No comments:

Post a Comment