Saturday, December 5, 2015

Columbia Soda Works (#25 - Rated 10.6 out of 12

Columbia Soda Works is a mystery.  I tried to find information on the history yet the website went nowhere.  The bottle states it was established in 1996 in the gold mining town of Columbia, California. The label reads, “The flavor will take you back to the days of yesteryear when miners and settlers alike enjoyed the rich tastes of these early refreshments.  A taste as rich as the Mother Load.”  It even boasts greater by saying Columbia Soda Works Sarsaparilla is “A VERY PRECIOUS LIQUID.”   That is all the information I could gather.



Ingredients: carbonated water, sugar, caramel color, natural and artificial flavors, citric acid and Gum acadia.

Nutrition (from the bottle)

170 Calories 
20 mg Sodium.
45g (14%) of Daily Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 2.8 out of 3 mugs

This soda definitely tastes more like a sarsaparilla.  The carbonation left a nice fizz in my mouth. The hints of caramel and light wintergreen were quite impressive.  The only thing that kept this from a perfect score was I prefer a hint of vanilla. 

Head – 2.2 out of 3 mugs  

The head is not strong and dissipated quickly.  There is a difference in the head based on the temperature of the glass and the pour method.

Zip – 2.7 out of 3 mugs  

This dark root beer has a unique flavor.  The mix is not harsh with a faint wintergreen taste.  r.

Post Consumption Impression – 2.9 out of 3 mugs  

This was enjoyed from the start and left me wanting another.  No HFCS (I think as it just states sugar), so that is a plus.  Super flavor balance with the right mix of carbonation.  You can’t go wrong with this beverage!

Would I recommend this at 10.6 out of 12 mugs?

Yes I would, without a second guess.  When I visit the store next year, this is currently my first root beer to choose.   As you can see for other reviews below, I am not the only one giving the beverage high marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment