Sunday, April 16, 2017

Rocket Fizz Root Beer Float- #81, 4.5 out of 12

Yet another Rocket Fizz concoction!  They seem to make more soda flavors than anyone in the world.  Not much to say that was not written earlier in the blog.


Ingredients:

Carbonated Water, Sugar, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Sodium Benzoate as a Preservative, Gum Acadia, Natural and Artificial Flavors.
Nutrition 12 oz. serving (from the bottle)

170 Calories
25 mg Sodium.
43 g Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 1 out of 3 mugs

The aroma was that of a commercial root beer float.  Nothing distinctive.  At first drink, I thought I was drinking an excessively creamy cream soda, yet there was an odd aftertaste.  The sugar level was excessive for me, rather syrupy.  I assume sugar lovers would thrive over the sugar content. 

Head – 1.25 out of 3 mugs  

The head is rather frothy and dissipated to about ¼ inch immediately then slowly dissipated in about a minute.

Zip – 1 out of 3 mugs  

This is a very basic beverage and I found nothing unique and memorable.  Oddity was the strong creamy flavor but was not a creamy beverage, if that makes sense?  It was not smooth at all, in fact a little harsh with an aftertaste that lingers.

Post Consumption Impression – 1.25 out of 3 mugs  

While some may love the brew, the beverage is simple and sweet, it is not my preference.  I really found little root beer flavor to enjoy.

Would I recommend this at 4.5 out of 12 mugs?

I would hesitate to suggest you buy a 6 pack, but maybe work a try.  If you like a heavily sweetened cream soda, this may be to your liking.

OTHER REVIEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment