Saturday, August 6, 2016

Fireman's Brew (#46 - rated 8.4 out of 12)

In December of 2000, two fireman named Rob and Ed started their own beverage company called Fireman's Brew.  They were sitting on a hillside extinguishing a brush fire above the Glendale Mountains.  They desired a brew to quench their dry mouths.  These two hail from the Los Angeles area and proceeded to make beer, and of course root beer.  A portion of their proceeds is donated to "The Fallen Firefighters Foundation", which is located in Emmetsburg, Maryland.  The tagline is “Extinguish your thirst”.




Ingredients: Artesian spring water, pure cane sugar, caramel color, natural flavors, and citric acid.

Nutrition 12 oz serving (from the bottle)

180 Calories
25 mg Sodium.
45g (15%) of Daily Carbohydrates
0 mg Caffeine

Aroma and Flavor – 2.2 out of 3 mugs

Immediate aroma when opened is primarily wintergreen with a licorice accent.  These two are not my favorite combination, so I was thinking I would be disappointed.  I was not although it was not one of the best as I like more caramel and vanilla (only a slight hint).  Overall it is generic and middle of the road root beer that should appeal to many people. 

Head – 1.8 out of 3 mugs  

The head was average.  Took a while to fully dissipate.  The bubbles were larger than average yet they are not thick enough to notice when drinking the beverage.
.

Zip – 2.1 out of 3 mugs  

The carbonation is medium, not to strong.  Nice blend.  I believe the zip comes from the sodium?  I also have a hard time getting all the flavors, as I know they are there, but the carbonation dominates the mild flavor mix.

Post Consumption Impression – 2.3 out of 3 mugs  

This is a good beverage that will be enjoyed by many, but hard to believe it is a favorite go to root beer for anyone.

Would I recommend this at 8.4 out of 12 mugs?

I would recommend you try the beverage.  I think you will find it satisfying.  It is not want you want to crave, but certainly fills the root beer spot.  Like they say, extinguish your thirst.


No comments:

Post a Comment